Sign in or
Contribute to this pageBorn: December 8, 1976
Background: Monaghan was born Dominic Bernard Patrick Luke Monaghan and raised in Berlin (he still speaks fluent German to this day). His family moved to England when he was twelve. He still frequently returns to his hometown of Manchester, UK (where he picked up his accent and also where the fictional band DriveShaft hail from).
In the world of show business her first found fame in the BCC dectective series Hetty Wainthrop Investigates. However, he is best known for his role in the movie-adaption of Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkein. It was through this connection here that he was first noticed and picked up for LOST.
- The tattoo on one of Charlie's arms is a real one on the actor. It contains lines from Strawberry Fields Forever, a song by John Lennon, in his days in The Beatles. The tattoo reads 'Living is easy, with eyes closed'.
- Kept a pair of the latex hobbit feet from The Lord Of The Rings.
- Bought a forest in India in 2003, to help protect the environment.
- Likes Radiohead, Coldplay, The Beatles and The Smiths.
- Owns a leaf-mantis named Gizmo, a Black Widow spider named Witchitar and an albino snake called Blink
- Shares a birthday with his former fellow co-star Ian Somerhalder
- Has a tattoo of an Elvish Nine on his right shoulder. He got it with other Lords of the Ring cast members while they were in New Zealand making the trilogy
- He loves wearing eyeliner and nail varnish
- Supporter Of Manchester United Football Club
- His character on LOST has died, contrary to other rumors
Comes from: Berlin, Germany
Pre-Lost signature role: Mischievous Merry (the light brown hobbit) in The Lord of the Rings trilogy (Meriadoc Brandybuck)
Fun fact: His pets have included two chameleons, cockroaches, lizards, scorpions, a leaf mantis, a black widow spider, and an albino snake. He supports and on occasions has watched English football giants Manchester United. Reviews he has posted can be found on the club's website forums. His favourite players Include Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha, David Beckham, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ryan Giggs, Eric Cantona and Roy Keane. He even owns a Manchester United shirt with "Hobbit" printed on the back, which was presented to him by former Manchester United striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy. He loves The Beatles! He also enjoys listening to Radiohead and Coldplay. He also has the number nine printed in Elvish on his right, and Beatle lyrics on his left. Not to mention two stars on his left foot.
A few people spotted Dominic looking at rings! (Not the LOTR ring) but diamond rings! For who? The beautiful actress who played "Kate" in LOST. Rumors say they are to be married next summer (2007)! How sweet.
Quote: On the impact Lost has had: "People know me as Dominic now instead of calling me by a character name. I'm a person in my own right! I'm not just a hobbit!" (Today Online)
Used to be Linked romantically with: Evangeline Lilly
Latest page update: made by Ms_Shadeslayer
, May 11 2010, 8:56 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Ms_Shadeslayer
10 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: cast members Dominic Monaghan lost the tv-series Lost TV Series lost tv series cast lost tv series characters lost tv series season 3 lost tv series season 4 lost tv series spoilers lost tv series synopses lost tv series wiki lost wiki lost wiki tv fans
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.