Sign in or
Contribute to this page!
Click EasyEdit to add what you know about Evangeline.
Born: August 3, 1979
Hails from: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Background: Evangeline Lilly was born a native Canadian (and is fluent in French). Her father is a Home Economics teacher, and, her mother worked as a cosmetician and ran a daycare centre. She has two sisters.
Lilly attended the University of British Columbia where she attained a degree in international relations. She has been a frevant volunteer for childrens projects since the age of 14, and she founded and ran a world development and human rights committee at her university.
Prior to her starring role on Lost, Lilly worked as an extra on film sets to help her pay for her University tuition. She also starred in episodes of 'True Calling, Dead Like Me and Smallville, Kingdom Hospital' and in several films, including 'Stealing Sinatra'. However, her first big break did not come until she was 'dicovered' by LOST producers for the role of Kate. Ironically, Evangeline was almsot not able to work with the cast of LOST because she had problems obtaining a work visa, and got the visa after filming for 'Pilot, Part One' had already begun.
She is currently engaged to ex co-star Dominic Monaghan, and they plan to wed in the summer of 07.
Early on the morning of December 21st, 2006, a day before the LOST cast broke up for Christmas, Lilly's rental house in Hawaii was destroyed in a fire. There were no injuries as she was at work at the time, her two housmates (one of them a LOST crew member), were also not home.
- Kate, her character on LOST, is frequently seen climbing trees. This is because the very athletic Lily loves to climb trees herself.
- Lilly loves ice skating, canoeing, kayaking, snowboarding, and rock climbing.
- One of her front teeth is a fake.
- She has worked as aflight attendant, waitress, and completed oil changes on big rigs while doing commercials and modelling to earn money for University.
- Refused to do a partial nude scene in an earlier episode of LOST.
- She has lived under a grass hut in the jungle of the Phillippines with a missionary group when she was 18.
- Since her newfound success with LOST, Evangeline has presented the Tragically Hip at Live 8 Canada, was voted one of the Breakthrough Stars of 2004 by Entertainment Weekly Magazine and was No.2 in the Sexiest Women in the World List by Maxim Magazine (2005).
- In 2006 she recieved a 2007 Golden Globe nomination for the Best Performance By An Actress in a Television Series (Drama) for her role as Kate.
Pre-Lost signature role: Dating service Live Links spokesgirl
Fun fact: Evangeline is her middle name; her given name is Nicole.
Quote: On how her life has changed since Lost: “There's nothing that's the same as it was a year ago. Oh, I still have brown hair and green eyes. Otherwise everything is different. I was a starving student, and I was focused on humanitarian goals. Now I live halfway across the world in a tropical paradise.” (Virgin.net)
Linked romantically with: Dominic Monaghan
"Kate" poses with a male fan during the "Lost" on Waikiki Beach Event.
Latest page update: made by Joe_Linux
, Feb 2 2010, 5:22 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Joe_Linux
13 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: cast members Evangline Lilly Kate lost the tv-series Lost TV Series lost tv series cast lost tv series characters lost tv series season 3 lost tv series season 4 lost tv series spoilers lost tv series synopses lost tv series wiki lost wiki lost wiki tv fans
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|alexanderTM||Mardeo?||0||May 30 2008, 4:10 PM EDT by alexanderTM|
|Anonymous||heart||0||Nov 25 2006, 7:16 PM EST by Anonymous|
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page