Sign in or
Time is an important part of Lost, making many appearances throughout the show. Flashbacks and Flashforwards show the lives of characters during a different time other than on the Island.The Island is known to have a different concept of time, as it moves at a different pace, as seen in Daniel's experiments. Time travel, both physically and through the conscious are also concepts that have been witnessed in the later seasons of Lost.
- Sayid comes to the conclusion that the distress signal has been playing for 16 years. ("Pilot: Part 2")
- During the discovery of Adam and Eve, Jack claims that they have been dead for 40-50 years. ("House of the Rising Sun")
- Sawyer reads A Wrinkle in Time. ("Dues Ex Machina")
- Kate and her childhood sweetheart Tom bury a time capsule and open it years later. ("Born to Run")
The time before the next push is tracked on the countdown timer.
- There is a countdown timer in the Swan station, which is reset every 108 minutes with the numbers. ("Adrift")
- The title of episode 2.07 is "The Other 48 Days".
- Mr. Eko does not talk for 40 days after he killed an Other. ("The Other 48 Days")
- Michael meets with captive Walt for three minutes, which is also the name of the episode.
- A system failure occurred at 16:16 on September 22nd, the time the plane crashed.
- Ben explains to Jack what events have happened off the Island during the 67 days he has been there. ("The Glass Ballerina")
- Aldo was reading A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking. ("Not in Portland")
- Richard Alpert shows a scan of a womb that Juliet believes is of a 70 year old woman, when in fact she was 20. ("Not in Portland")
- Juliet said that she has been on the Island for 3 years, 2 months, and 28 days. ("Not in Portland")
- Mittelos is an anagram for "Lost Time". ("Not in Portland").
- Desmond relieves part of his life after the Swan imploded. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")
- The clock reads 1:08 in Desmond's flat. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")
- Ms. Hawking has many clocks inside the jewelry store. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")
- Richard appears to not age, after young Ben encountered him in the jungle in the 1970s. ("The Man Behind the Curtain")
- Ben looks at his watch when he kills his father in the Purge; the time was 4:00. ("The Man Behind the Curtain")
- Ben orders to kill Sayid, Jin, and Bernard while giving Jack a minute to respond. ("Through the Looking Glass")
Daniel discovers a difference of time on the Island.
- Daniel does an experiment involving time. He launches a payload from the Kahana, and waits for it to arrive. It eventually arrives, 31 minutes later than what the time is on the Island. ("The Economist")
- The perspective of the time it takes for the helicopter to travel from the Island to the Kahana is different from the Island and the Kahana. ("The Constant")
- Desmond, Minkowski, and Brandon suffer from their conscious traveling through time without a constant. ("The Constant")
- Ray washes ashore on the Island dead, but does not die on the Kahana until a couple of days later. ("The Shape of Things to Come")
- The Orchid was built to experiment time travel. Ben turns the wheel underneath the Orchid to move the Island through time. ("There's No Place Like Home: Parts 2 & 3")
- Dr. Pierre Chang wakes up at 8:15. ("Because You Left")
- Daniel explains that the Island is skipping in time, causing the Island to travel through different time periods erratically. ("Because You Left")
This is a wiki of the Lost TV show
This is a wiki of the Lost TV show
Latest page update: made by #1LostFan
, Feb 7 2009, 12:57 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
634 words added
339 words deleted
2 images added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|DFly06||Time Door||2||Jun 7 2008, 6:33 PM EDT by rosie08|
Thread started: Jun 4 2007, 5:54 PM EDT Watch
Dharma Initiative has created a "time door". One end of the door exists in present time in Antarctica. The other end of the door is the Island. However, the Island exists in the "time bubble" in which it remains in the past. Everytime someone (Desmond) pressed the switch in the Hatch, the Island was reset further back in its own time, while the present continued onward.
By nearly not pressing it, it opened the time bubble slightly, and Oceanic went through the bubble and crashed into the Island. When the hatch exploded, the time bubble was released, and accelerated into the present.
|savvysuzy||Time Theory||0||Aug 15 2007, 11:25 PM EDT by savvysuzy|
Thread started: Aug 15 2007, 11:25 PM EDT Watch
The time theory could be a possibility, and one that could take them quite far. Initially, when the show first started I thought maybe they were near the "Bermuda Triangle" or something like that, but then I thought there could be some kind of time warp that the plane flew through, but that wouldn't explain how the "Others" had all of the background dossiers on the "losties". So brings me to thinking it's the island that is located in a time warp or something. Time is one of those subjects that is hard to deal with, and maybe the writers can come up with some story lines to meet the challenge. I just hope they (the producers, director, & writers) use this hiatus wisely & creatively, so they don't take us on a wild goose chase like they did at the beginning of the 2006-07 season. It's my favorite show, but it got way off track. So here's to a great & continuously improving seasons for the next 3 years.
|Anonymous||parallel universe||0||Apr 28 2007, 12:49 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Apr 28 2007, 12:49 PM EDT Watch
If what the woman said was true, and the plane crashed with no survivors, the only way the island makes sense is a parallel universe. Somehow waves of reality with our dimension and the reality of this other dimension have merged causing the black smoke disturbance that the Darma people could not figure out and the other events such as the polar bear. The life experiences of our dimension have merged into the collective conscience of the parallel dimension so each plane crash survivor is remembering truths that happened to their parallel individual which never entered the reality of their dimension before. Perhaps the scientists from the other dimension were aware of something like a ripple in their universe, so they started investigating, and things have just become more complicated as this ripple has become larger to the point now where the situation is out of control.
Showing 3 of 14 threads for this page - view all