Sign in or
Click EasyEdit to add what you know about Terry.
Born: July 15, 1952
Hails from: Newberry, Michigan
Background: Irish-American actor Terry O'Quinn was born and raised in Michigan. He attended Central Michigan University and the University of Iowa.
Terry is a veteran actor with over 30 years experience. He had notable roles in films such as 'The Stepfather' and 'Tombstone', though his movie credits extend to 'The Rockateer' and small roles in 'Old School' and 'Primal Fear'. His TV credits include 'Star Trek:The Next Generation', 'JAG' and 'The West Wing'. He is good friends with 1031 Productions Chris Carter, having appeared in most of his work: as a guest star in two episodes of 'The X-Files', a supporting role in 'X-Files:The Movie' and recurring roles on 'Harsh Realms' and 'Millennium'. After acting in his recurring role on 'Alias' he was already well known to director J.J Abrams, who recruited him for his new show 'LOST', after 'Alias' ended. He is one of the few cast members who did not have to audition because J.J began to imagine John as the character of Locke before the actor was even offered it.
Terry moved from his Maryland home to Hawaii with his wife Lori after shooting began. They have two sons; Oliver (23 years) and Hunter (21 years).
- Has been experienced in percussion since high school. He is also a talented guitarist and singer.
- Also had a recurring role on 'The West Wing' as General Nichalos Alexander. He can be seen with his moustache.
- Guest-starred in an episode of 'Star Trek:The Next Generation' named 'The Pegasus' where he portrayed an Admiral intent on recovering a secret experiment that caused the destruction of a ship twelve years before. As Admiral Pressman he shows similar zeal in recovering the device as John Locke does investigating the island. The device is located on the ship's bride - the ship was not destroyed but instead is fused with an asteroid, making the interior looking somewhat similar to a certain hatch.
- Portrayed a serial killer in 'The Stepfather' series of movies. The killer's real name is never revealed and he behaves very much like Locke when he looses his temper or becomes upset.
- He elongated his last name to O'Quinn from his real name of Quinn to distinguish himself from another actor called Terry Quinn.
- Was not a bodyguard contrary to what IMBD said.
- Has been balding since his early 20s, has has appeared with a shaved or partially shaved head in most of his films.
- He is a particularly big Neil Young fan, and can do a dead-on impression of him.
- In an episode of LOST (2004), his character Locke's parents were played by Kevin Tighe and Swoosie Kurtz who are only 8 years O'Quinn's senior.
- Although always friendly on set, he usually keeps private and mysterious habits apart from his younger LOST co-stars , who often get together for wild parties, when not shooting. He keeps this enigmatic aura so they will regard him similarly as they regard his mysterious character Locke.
- Played a part in JAG as Admiral Thomas Boone
- Won the 2007 Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actor in A Drama Series for his portrayal of Locke.
Fun fact: He was once a bodyguard.
Quote: “I’d like to be more like Locke sometimes. I’m certainly a believer in what goes around, comes around.” (People UK)
Quote: "Terry O'Quinn is truly a great actor, versatile and not typecast, yet again his character Locke in Lost is a delight to watch." (Yorkshire Evening Post - UK)
Latest page update: made by eguy
, Jan 26 2010, 1:05 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Lost Cast
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: cast members John Locke Locke lost the tv-series Lost TV Series lost tv series cast lost tv series characters lost tv series season 3 lost tv series season 4 lost tv series spoilers lost tv series synopses lost tv series wiki lost wiki lost wiki tv fans Terry O'Quinn
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Jackcrazy||locke :)||0||Jun 15 2010, 7:00 PM EDT by Jackcrazy|
Thread started: Jun 15 2010, 7:00 PM EDT Watch
haha, i know, I love Locke soo much too :) I alwasy conflict w/ him and jack..they are amazing when they're on screen together though :)
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||wheee!||2||Nov 18 2008, 1:08 AM EST by flyboymadman|
Thread started: Nov 25 2006, 7:27 PM EST Watch
terry is perhaps the greatest actor on 'lost', i must say. even if he isnt quite a looker, when hes on the screen, i totally get sucked in. i cant explain it, hes just too awesome!!!
(and he even got a nice comment from my aunt: "hes kinda hot...for an old guy!")
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page