Discussion: WidmoreReported This is a featured thread

Showing 9 posts
ScarClaw
ScarClaw
Widmore
Jun 19 2008, 4:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 19 2008, 4:12 PM EDT
in the episode "the constant" (I think) when Desmond went back, he found widmore at an auction, he was buying the only artifact left from the black rock, it was the log of the first mate! I think he knew that the ship was on the island and he bought the log to find it! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
MysterySolver
MysterySolver
1. RE: Widmore
Jan 9 2009, 11:49 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 11:49 AM EST
I have a theory that after Charles Widmore bought the first mate's diary from the Black Rock at the auction, he found out that the first mate had written some fantastic story about how a tropical island suddenly appeared underneath the Black Rock (which would explain how it got shipwrecked inland from the island's coast) and lifted it up out of the water. This could have happened when one of the original inhabitants of the island (Richard Alpert perhaps?) had moved the island many centuries prior. Alpert never seems to age, and seems to be there at many crucial points in Locke's life, determining him to be "special" and suited for island leadership. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sir_Rimo
Sir_Rimo
2. RE: Widmore
Jan 9 2009, 7:17 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 7:17 PM EST
"I have a theory that after Charles Widmore bought the first mate's diary from the Black Rock at the auction, he found out that the first mate had written some fantastic story about how a tropical island suddenly appeared underneath the Black Rock (which would explain how it got shipwrecked inland from the island's coast) and lifted it up out of the water. This could have happened when one of the original inhabitants of the island (Richard Alpert perhaps?) had moved the island many centuries prior. Alpert never seems to age, and seems to be there at many crucial points in Locke's life, determining him to be "special" and suited for island leadership."
nice theory!
Do you find this valuable?    
Clancey
Clancey
3. RE: Widmore
Jan 14 2009, 9:44 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 9:44 AM EST
"I have a theory that after Charles Widmore bought the first mate's diary from the Black Rock at the auction, he found out that the first mate had written some fantastic story about how a tropical island suddenly appeared underneath the Black Rock (which would explain how it got shipwrecked inland from the island's coast) and lifted it up out of the water. This could have happened when one of the original inhabitants of the island (Richard Alpert perhaps?) had moved the island many centuries prior. Alpert never seems to age, and seems to be there at many crucial points in Locke's life, determining him to be "special" and suited for island leadership."
very cool....
redhotbeachbum
redhotbeachbum
4. RE: Widmore
Jan 15 2009, 2:24 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2009, 2:24 PM EST
Excellent Theroy!!! But could not have been Richard Alpert or anyone else on the island because the cost of moving the Island is they have to leave it and never come back. So I will suggest that it may have been Tovaro Hanso or possible a Widmore that moved the island, since these surnames were said/therorized to have been on the Black Rock, but are not now on the Island.
imalostie
imalostie
5. RE: Widmore
Jan 18 2009, 7:32 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2009, 7:32 PM EST
"(Richard Alpert perhaps?) had moved the island many centuries prior. Alpert never seems to age, and seems to be there at many crucial points in Locke's life, determining him to be "special" and suited for island leadership."
What if Alpert does age but the island doesn't- it travels in time- so he appears in Ben's past and John Locke's past??????????
imalostie
imalostie
6. RE: Widmore
Jan 18 2009, 7:32 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2009, 7:32 PM EST
"Excellent Theroy!!! But could not have been Richard Alpert or anyone else on the island because the cost of moving the Island is they have to leave it and never come back. So I will suggest that it may have been Tovaro Hanso or possible a Widmore that moved the island, since these surnames were said/therorized to have been on the Black Rock, but are not now on the Island. "
I think you are on to something!

imalostie
imalostie
7. RE: Widmore
Jan 18 2009, 7:34 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2009, 7:34 PM EST
speaking of Widmore...do we know for sure that Widmore put the fake oceanic 815 on the ocean floor? Could it have been BEN? Do you find this valuable?    
rosie08
rosie08
8. RE: Widmore
Feb 3 2009, 7:19 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2009, 7:19 AM EST
i am guessing this thread was started well before season 5. :)
well in epi 3 we find out charles widmore was on the island in the 50s. - and guess who is their 'leader'.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)