Discussion: OMG!!!!! MUST READReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time

fenixha15
OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 12 2009, 7:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 12 2009, 7:59 AM EDT
now most of you people should have seen last weeks and this weeks episode.

I beileve I have found a huge discovery

Remember at the begining of the episode you see the giant statue almost looks like Anubis.
Well this got me thinking about both the others and Dahrma and the significance between them and greek/egyption history well look at what I found.

Remember Horace the leader of the Darhma well Horace was also a Egyption god in egyption history.
He was actually the creator god and he was actually related to Anubis.

Now Anubiss job was to take care of the dead.

Now this might sound insane but I beileve that

Richard alpert is Anubis.
and Horace represents Horace the god.

I think this because like I said Anubis takes care of the dead. What I mean by that is he does the burial, judgement, and all rights to the person . Well Richard seems to also take a intrest in the dead. He asked for both of his mens bodies and Pauls for reasons uknown.

While Horace is the creator god who takes a intrest in life well it just so happens that our horace is the only one that can have a kid on the island.

So Horace = Horus
and Anubis = Richard.

Also in egyption history it states that anubis and Horus always faught kinda like how the others and the dharma fight.

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
1. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 12 2009, 5:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 12 2009, 5:23 PM EDT
Hi, don't even get me started with this. lol. I thought something similiar a few weeks ago about Horace/Horus having something to do with the island because one of the things the god Horus is known for is The Eye of Horus, but when i saw the episode "LaFleur" that guy spells his name Horace, If what we were thinking were true I think the producers/writers would have spelled it Horus. But anything is possible. I know we are all getting a good history lesson on Ancient -Egyptian mythology. Somebody else came up with another theory which I liked..............There was another god called Ra, he was a sun god, those are Richard Albert's initials, so if you want, read the other thread subjects that coincide with your theory, i think you will find it interesting and I think other people thought Richard could be Anubis like you said. Last I remember it was all about Osiris who was also known as Anubis. Maybe Ecko could come back and give us some insight on this. But Ecko was a BAD A double SS and i don't think he would go for this because if you go by Ecko's belief these people were all pagan gods in The Old Testament and whoof, Ecko would not like this........I hope next week a big cross falls from the sky or little blue moons appear in the sky because we need some new clues or theories to come up with. Something!! Anything!! Do you find this valuable?    

fenixha15
2. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 13 2009, 3:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 4:13 AM EDT
"Hi, don't even get me started with this. lol. I thought something similiar a few weeks ago about Horace/Horus having something to do with the island because one of the things the god Horus is known for is The Eye of Horus, but when i saw the episode "LaFleur" that guy spells his name Horace, If what we were thinking were true I think the producers/writers would have spelled it Horus. But anything is possible. I know we are all getting a good history lesson on Ancient -Egyptian mythology. Somebody else came up with another theory which I liked..............There was another god called Ra, he was a sun god, those are Richard Albert's initials, so if you want, read the other thread subjects that coincide with your theory, i think you will find it interesting and I think other people thought Richard could be Anubis like you said. Last I remember it was all about Osiris who was also known as Anubis. Maybe Ecko could come back and give us some insight on this. But Ecko was a BAD A double SS and i don't think he would go for this because if you go by Ecko's belief these people were all pagan gods in The Old Testament and whoof, Ecko would not like this........I hope next week a big cross falls from the sky or little blue moons appear in the sky because we need some new clues or theories to come up with. Something!! Anything!! "
also anubis walked with a necklace the same necklace that was found on pauls body it ment eternal life and who lives forever Anubis and richard alpart. There is way to much in common.

And if my theory is true then I would consider Osire was anubises father = Jacob
and Anubis would judge souls if they deemed unworthy they would be fed to a monster im my theory the black smoke was this monster but it gave it a chance for eko to be foregiven he denied so then he was killed.
Do you find this valuable?    
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
3. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 13 2009, 2:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 2:17 PM EDT
"also anubis walked with a necklace the same necklace that was found on pauls body it ment eternal life and who lives forever Anubis and richard alpart. There is way to much in common.

And if my theory is true then I would consider Osire was anubises father = Jacob
and Anubis would judge souls if they deemed unworthy they would be fed to a monster im my theory the black smoke was this monster but it gave it a chance for eko to be foregiven he denied so then he was killed."
The necklace that you are talking about is called an ankh. When I studied Ancient -Egyptian mythology it was over 10 years ago through books. Since this subject came up I looked some of it up on the Web, totally different. I will give you an example Ra was the sun god who was the father of Osiris, also known as Anubis, Osiris had a son named Horus......that is what I learned, so I can't really say who is who, i'm lost enough with this show. It is also said in The Old Testament that God was mad and punished anybody who worshiped false idols who were the gods, so I don't know because Ecko, was on the island who was a priest and now all this Ancient-Egyptian clues? You got me, maybe they both coincide on the island because you got to remember Ben asked Jack if he believes in God. Also Ben was talking about Thomas the apostle who didn't believe that Jesus was resurrected until he saw him. So does God have anything to do with the island?
milkeman
milkeman
4. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 13 2009, 2:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 2:35 PM EDT
In later Egyptian dynastic times, Ra was merged with the god Horus, as Re-Horakhty (and many variant spellings). When his worship reached this position of importance in the Egyptian pantheon, he was believed to command the sky, the earth, and the underworld. He was associated with the falcon, the symbol of other sun deities who protected the pharaohs in later myths. After the deities were paired with pharaohs, the children of Hathor were considered to be fathered by Ra. Do you find this valuable?    
milkeman
milkeman
5. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 13 2009, 2:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 2:36 PM EDT
"In later Egyptian dynastic times, Ra was merged with the god Horus, as Re-Horakhty (and many variant spellings). When his worship reached this position of importance in the Egyptian pantheon, he was believed to command the sky, the earth, and the underworld. He was associated with the falcon, the symbol of other sun deities who protected the pharaohs in later myths. After the deities were paired with pharaohs, the children of Hathor were considered to be fathered by Ra."
oh by the way, that's from wikipedia. so make of it what you will.
dihoos
dihoos
6. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 13 2009, 3:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 3:03 PM EDT

Throughout this series we've seen many clues that are now becoming more prevalent all of which are of an Egyptian persuasion. It is my belief that the island is of an Egyptian origin or the original inhabitants where from Egypt.

I know many of these things can be seen in my posts about the statue. I just decided to start a thread dealing with the broader subject matter.

1. The fact that Richard looks Egyptian( guy "with the eyeliner")
2. The hieroglyphs the appeared when the count down ends at the Hatch
as seen here -- http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/6/60/Hieroglyphs.JPG
3. The statue looks like Anubis you can clearly see his dog ears and he appears to be holding an ankh
hich can clearly be seen in this pic-- http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/6/68/FourToedFull.jpg
4. The fact that Paul had an ankh
5. Where did Ben end up when he moved the island?- The Sahara!!!- which makes up a large portion of Egypt.
6. The hieroglyphs on the temple look like rudimentary versions of Egyptian glyphs
as seen here-- http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/6/64/TempleHiero.jpg

What I believe happened was a bunch of early Egyptians must have some how got to an island located in the Mediterranean near Egypt. Possibly on a fishing excursion and became ship wrecked and they must have believed they were dead and in the after life( possibly one or more was dead prior to their arrival and came back to life once they arrived [Richard Alpert!!!!!] leading them to believe they were in the land of the dead ) Because they believed they were in the land of the Dead, they may have thought it appropriate to build temple and a large statue of the god Anubis who is associated with land of the dead, burial rights and the guardian of lost souls(depending on which period the Egyptians in question came from).
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
7. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 13 2009, 3:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 3:12 PM EDT
"oh by the way, that's from wikipedia. so make of it what you will."
I studied this years ago, I can't take it . I feel like i'm back in school and i can't remember it and I don't feel like studying no more!!!l lol. I better make up a profile and tell everyone I have a warped sense of humor or i'm gonna get kicked out. By the way this is wierd, while you were writing on this thread, I was giving you a suggestion on your love life in the thread Who Is The Hottest person? Go read it.
SovietAssassin
SovietAssassin
8. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Mar 17 2009, 3:53 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2009, 3:53 AM EDT
nice theory Do you find this valuable?    

~Mara~
9. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Apr 9 2009, 1:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 1:57 PM EDT

Concerning Egyptians, their religion and their technology ...

There are people who believe that Ancient Egypt developed their technology so much (Maths, pyramids, etc) because they were linked to those "who came from the stars". They have also been linked to the Pyramids in the American continent, with a common background, references to astronauts and so on.

Personally I would say this is not only a matter of Egyptian gods, but something bigger - a reference to all religions. If anybody is curious about mythology, it's easy to see that most beliefs have got very similar common places (have a look at "The Golden Bough" by Sir James Frazer)

Thought I would drop this one in as well.
Loved the latest episode, by the way.

Beatrix25
Beatrix25
10. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Apr 20 2009, 10:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 20 2009, 10:13 PM EDT
What I don't get is it seems to me that the DHARMA Initiative were the ones who added the heiroglyphics to the hatch if the button wasn't entered in time. Paul, the deceased DHARMA guy had the ankh too. The DHARMA Initiative don't seem like the type of people that would practice this. Maybe the Dr. Pierre Chang, Miles father would but I don't see any of the rest of those people that would. I see it more likely with the Hostiles or Others to practice Ancient Egyptian rituals, like when Richard Alpert wanted Paul's body. That is very sacret ritiual as to what the Egyptians did with the body after it was deceased. Do you find this valuable?    
lizzie101102
lizzie101102
11. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Apr 21 2009, 6:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 21 2009, 6:20 PM EDT
First I totaly respect the Egyptian theory and stuff bu tPersonaly I think that the wrighters are dropping clues that arent rely important but are there to keep us guessing I think that the answer to some of these questions is obviouse but we are to wraped around the complicated to think of the obvious and also I think that the riddle "what lies in the shadow of the statue?" is important and a big clue. but also obvious 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
milkeman
milkeman
12. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Apr 22 2009, 3:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2009, 3:51 PM EDT
"What I don't get is it seems to me that the DHARMA Initiative were the ones who added the heiroglyphics to the hatch if the button wasn't entered in time. Paul, the deceased DHARMA guy had the ankh too. The DHARMA Initiative don't seem like the type of people that would practice this. Maybe the Dr. Pierre Chang, Miles father would but I don't see any of the rest of those people that would. I see it more likely with the Hostiles or Others to practice Ancient Egyptian rituals, like when Richard Alpert wanted Paul's body. That is very sacret ritiual as to what the Egyptians did with the body after it was deceased."
this is where the idea of Horus (horace) and RA (Richard Alpert) comes in. If they really do join forces (maybe they have already) then it makes sense that egyptian symbols start to become part of Dharma.
milkeman
milkeman
13. RE: OMG!!!!! MUST READ
Apr 22 2009, 3:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2009, 3:54 PM EDT
"First I totaly respect the Egyptian theory and stuff bu tPersonaly I think that the wrighters are dropping clues that arent rely important but are there to keep us guessing I think that the answer to some of these questions is obviouse but we are to wraped around the complicated to think of the obvious and also I think that the riddle "what lies in the shadow of the statue?" is important and a big clue. but also obvious"
You could be right. i have read ideas that the egyptian stuff is meant to throw people off.