Discussion: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 19 of 19  |  Show  posts at a time
khufudaddy
khufudaddy
It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
May 29 2009, 11:57 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2009, 11:57 AM EDT
Just look at the picture, the statue has a long flat nose it is obviously Sobek. Also check out the Hieroglyph in the temple, when Ben is confronting the smoke monster; it's a picture of the monster and Sobek (statue) squaring off. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
brucetigger
brucetigger
1. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 5 2010, 9:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
yes it could be Sobek but Sobek is the god of fertility and rebirth, if it is the god of fertility how come no babies can be born on the island. Do you find this valuable?    

Chamara94
2. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 6 2010, 5:44 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2010, 5:44 AM EDT
"Just look at the picture, the statue has a long flat nose it is obviously Sobek. Also check out the Hieroglyph in the temple, when Ben is confronting the smoke monster; it's a picture of the monster and Sobek (statue) squaring off."
the statue is tarewart...or how ever you spell it J.J Abrams revealed it for like 2 years ago i think
Do you find this valuable?    
brucetigger
brucetigger
3. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 6 2010, 7:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2010, 7:12 PM EDT
wait when did this happen what is tarewart Do you find this valuable?    
Mike1177
Mike1177
4. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 6 2010, 7:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2010, 7:31 PM EDT
Tawaret is the Egyptian Goddess of childbirth and fertility. As Chamara said the writers revealed this last season. I think Stephany1177 posted the lostpedia site to it for others who were debating this in the "Statue" thread. I'll see if I can find it again in a little bit.

We haven't watched the new episode yet, she had a seizure this morning so I'm waiting till she feels better to watch it.
Mike1177
Mike1177
5. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 6 2010, 7:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Statue_of_Taweret

brucetigger
brucetigger
6. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 7 2010, 9:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2010, 9:29 PM EDT
ok ok hold on i believe you that it is Tawaret, looking at the statue and a pic i found on the internet, but if it is Tawaret then how come no babies can be born if Tawaret is know to be the goddess of motherhood ( childbirth and fertility ).

but but but after doing some research on Tawaret reading this certain web site it makes me think that Jacob and the man in black are gods. Jacob being Tawaret and the man in black being set.

don't judge me yet just read this
brucetigger
brucetigger
7. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 7 2010, 9:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
Taweret was seen as one who protected against evil by restraining it.

When Set fell from grace in the Egyptian pantheon, as a result of being favoured by the unpopular Hyksos rulers, he gradually took over the position of Apep, as the god of evil. With this change away from Apep, Taweret became seen only as the concubine of Set. She was seen as concubine rather than wife, as Set already was married to the extremely different goddess, Nephthys, to whom no parallels could be drawn. It then was said that Taweret had been an evil goddess, but changed her ways and held Set back on a chain.

i got this from this web page: http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Tawaret
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
8. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 7 2010, 10:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
Interesting speculation brucetigger. Thanks for sharing. Lost has used a lot of deity and religious symbolism through the show. But it never seems to connect to one standard set of beliefs, so I think Jacob and MIB will reflect a lot of deities or religious ideas that we know of.

Regarding your question of why they couldn't have children, after Taweret was revealed to be the statue, I assumed women on the island could not follow all the way through their pregnancy because the statue had been destroyed. All that was left was the foot with four toes. If Tawaret is destroyed how can she protect childbirth and fertility?
brucetigger
brucetigger
9. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 8 2010, 1:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2010, 1:08 AM EDT
oh yeah I didn't think about that.

but i read on the lostpedia thing that Ethan goodspeed was born on the island but i don't know if he was conceived on or of the island i think that he was conceived on the island cause Amy (mother) feel in love with Horace (farther) on the island.

what's your opinion on that?
Mike1177
Mike1177
10. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 8 2010, 10:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
True. Stephany1177 and I debate this sometimes. We really want more explanation on Ethan.

We were confused for a while about "when" the statue was destroyed. They never said at first until we got to Richard's episode. Before that we thought maybe the statue was destroyed in the incident from last year's season finale. But now we know the statue was actually destroyed by the storm that brought the Black Rock to the island in the 1800's.

I am pretty sure Ethan was conceived on island also. And we see that he is born on island. Was Charlotte born on the island, or brought to the island around infancy or toddler age? I think she may have been born on island too.
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
11. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 8 2010, 8:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2010, 8:32 PM EDT
"oh yeah I didn't think about that.

but i read on the lostpedia thing that Ethan goodspeed was born on the island but i don't know if he was conceived on or of the island i think that he was conceived on the island cause Amy (mother) feel in love with Horace (farther) on the island.

what's your opinion on that?"
Good question brucetigger, you got me there, 'I can't think of an explanation for that.
brucetigger
brucetigger
12. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 10 2010, 9:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 10 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
yeh I can't think of anything either but I am not 100% shore that Ethan was born on the island but i am going by a rough read of lostpedia, there's like 4 eps left I hope i don't think they can answer all the questions in time. Do you find this valuable?    
Mike1177
Mike1177
13. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Apr 11 2010, 6:42 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2010, 6:42 AM EDT
Ethan was born on island, that was the first and only time Juliet was able to successfully deliver a baby on the island. Do you find this valuable?    

timma1980
14. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
May 10 2010, 8:33 PM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2010, 8:33 PM EDT
I think Ben made a pact with Smoke monster to become the leader of the island. Since smoke monster is Seth, i think all his ppl became infertile. That pact could also be probably the reason why jacob never summoned him.... Do you find this valuable?    
Starpass
Starpass
15. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
May 30 2010, 12:37 PM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2010, 12:37 PM EDT
I don't believe it's Sobek or Anubis. It is a statue that is telling those who come to the Island that it is the Reptilians who recreated Mankind on this Island.
As crazy as I am the statue has to mean something.
Mike1177
Mike1177
16. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
May 30 2010, 9:51 PM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2010, 9:51 PM EDT
The statue is Tawaret. If you read through this thread you will find the explanations. The writers confirmed this in the fifth season. Hope that helps. Do you find this valuable?    

I_Know_The_truth
17. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Jun 6 2010, 1:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 6 2010, 1:13 AM EDT
In 1988 at springmountain youh camp while in custody part of the basketball team ran a being over that looks EXACTLY like the egyptains and this statue on the show. SOMEBODY knows the truth because when in a 4x4 suburban ran it over and the SUBURBAN took off this being FOOT and ANKLE almost up to where a KNEE cap would be JUST LIKE THE STATUE at the end... so the show doesnt need no other meaning to me... I SAW IT 4-5 other team mates saw it AND THE ASSISTANT COACH WHO WAS DINKING AND DRIVING SAW IT that COACH NAME IS "JOE SADOVICH" he denies it because MEN IN BLACK came to the CAMP AND THREATENED ALL OF US.. THE MEN IN BLACK did an elaborate cover up... THEY SHUT THE CAMP DOWN AND no one was allowed in or out for two weeks or more AS THE concreted the dirt road and carved out the trees where the suburban came to rest....
springmountain youth camp is at the highest peak at mount charleston nevada..
i WAS SHOCKED BECAUSE i NEVER SAW ANYTHING LIKE IT i THOUGHT AT FIRST IT WAS A DEFORMED HUMAN BECAUSE IT had the body of a human... IT HAD NO CLOTHES OR HEAD DRESS AS depicted IN ALL THE ANCIENT ART... iT HAD A ALIGATOR TAIL SHORT BUT IT LOOKED LIKE A PERSON JUST THAT ITS HEAD WAS JUST LIKE A CROC... iT WAS MORE AFRIAD OF US MAYBE CAUSE IT JUST GOT HIT BY A SUBURBAN .. AFTER WE CLIMBED BACK TO THE DIRT ROAD WE ALL WONDERED WHAT DID WE HIT SO WE WALKED THE SKID OR DIRT SKID TRAIL FROM THE SUBURBAN TO WHERE I FOUND THE FOOT AND THEN i SAW SOME THING MOVE THAT WAS HUGE SO i PICKED UP A STICK WHEN i APPROACHED IT IT LOOKED AT ME 2 WAYS LIKE IT WAS FRIGHTEN THEN READY TO ATTACKED SO i BEING SHOCKED AT WHAT i SAW pUT DOWN THE STICK AND ATTEMPTED TO COMMUNICATE... i DID EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO HELP IT AS IT COUGHED UP BLOOD BUT THE COACH MADE US LEAVE IT AND WALK BACK TO CAMP AND WE NEVER WENT BACK TO SEE IT OR CALL AN AMBULANCE...

I_Know_The_truth
18. RE: It's not Anubis, it's Sobek the Egyptian Crocodile God.
Jun 6 2010, 1:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 6 2010, 1:13 AM EDT
NEXT THING YOU KNOW HERE COMES THIS GUY IN A BLACK SUIT JUST LIKE THE MOVIES ASKING ME TO TELL MY STORY AND AS i DESCRIBED IT THIS MAN IN SUIT SAYS, "iT WAS A DEER!"
iM LIKE DID YOU HEAR ME THIS THING WAS NO DEER... THEN HE REPLIES,"iT WAS A DEER.." nEED i REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE IN CUSTODY AND YOU SENTANCE CAN INCREASE.... THEN HE ASKED TO CHECK MY EYES AS THOUGH i WAS SEEING THINGS... SO HE FLASHED A pen light type of device in my eyes and the next thing I know was asking the coach can I go back to the dorm...... IF THERE IS ANYONE FROM THAT DAY THAT READS THIS REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND I AM STILL ALIVE AND I KNOW THE TRUTH WITH YOU.......they could ve killed us all and say that the suburban went over the cliff and we died in a accident.... IF I HAD ONLY STUDIED EGYPTOLOGY I WOULD've KNOWN WHO IT WAS AND NOT LEFT IT THERE IF ONLY WE HAD INTERNET THEN........
IF ONLY I PAID ATTENTION IN SCHOOL I WOULD've KNOWN what to do....

So SOMEONE BEHIND THE LOST SHOW KNOWS THE TRUTH .... I DONT WANT ANY MONEY FROM THIS NOR FAME......

I WANT THE TRUTH ON WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SUBURBAN ...and WHAT HAPPEN TO THIS BEING.......
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?