Discussion: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 31 of 31  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2
First_Marti
First_Marti
20. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Aug 27 2009, 6:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 27 2009, 6:56 PM EDT
"Yes, Jack is totaly jealous of Sawyer and it was so apparent in Season 5 that I liked Jack better on the island. Remember how mad he was that Kate did something for Clementine and it was a secret she made to Sawyer to never tell anyone...when kate and Jack were living together and he came home and got mad that she wouldn't tell him what she was doing for Sawyer..I was glad she kicked him out or he left, whatever. I still believe Kate and Sawyer belong together!! But to defend Jack...I really don't know why he changed his mind to do the surgery for Ben...was it to get off the island because he was so jealous of seeing Kate and Sawyer together or was it because he did the operation to help Kate because Jack knew Kate loved Sawyer... hear me out...In "A Tale Of Two Cities"...Jack asked where are my friends, not just where is Kate. Then if you watch "Not In Portland"....as soon as Jack was talking to Kate on the walkie talkie, Jack said to Kate.."You got an hour head start, take the walkie, take Sawyer and go."....then later on when they were safe and Juliet gave Kate the walkie talkie to talk to Jack, Jack said..something like "So your safe, Kate said "yes", then Jack said, Sawyer's safe?" Kate said "yes". Then Jack said good go and promise me Kate to never come back here. So he did seem to want Sawyer out of there too, what his motive was for changing his mind for Ben is what is questionable about him on my part because I know he changed his mind after seeing Kate and Sawyer together. "
Thank you Beatrix for finding that out. I was thinking that when he said "A Tale Of Two Cities" it was because there were two islands.
Do you find this valuable?    

Chamara94
21. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Aug 27 2009, 8:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 27 2009, 8:51 PM EDT
i just thought about something that benjamin said about his sugery and then 2 days after jack came on the plain and crashing.

if we see it from his ( jack ) point of view then we can say " is it a coincedence that all that jack is going to do to get of the island is to make a surgery ??? hehe :) if you dont get it then its ok i nearly dont get it myself
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
22. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Aug 28 2009, 7:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2009, 7:30 PM EDT
"

if we see it from his ( jack ) point of view then we can say " is it a coincedence that all that jack is going to do to get of the island is to make a surgery ??? hehe :) if you dont get it then its ok i nearly dont get it myself"
Do you mean that the only reason Jak did the surgery was to get off the island, because after watching the shows that Marti and I were talking about, my mind has changed... In episode "I Do" Kate asked Jack to do the surgery for Ben, Jack replied ..."And you really believe them." then he said "We're done here."..then he walked away from her...Then right after he saw Kate and Sawyer together, Jack said to Ben...."Tomorrow, I will do the surgery and then I need your word, everything you promised me, I need to get the hell off this island!!".. so now I am questioning his motives ...Yes, he made sure that Kate and Sawyer got away. in "Not In Portland" and did mention Sawyer being safe, but would he of done the surgery if he never saw Kate and Sawyer together?...He didn't believe anything that the "Others" promised him before and he didn't seem to believe that if he didn't do the opearation they would kill Sawyer. Why all of a sudden did he have a change of heart?? Jack is becoming a pain on my part to figure out!! In "Every Man For Himself"..Jack overheard Sawyer screaming when the Others put a fake pacemaker in him, afterwoods Juliet walked in the room with blood on her and Jack said "What did you do to Sawyer!!" and he seemed generally concerned for him, Juliet said the blood wasn't Sawyer's" (the blood was an Other that Sun shot)...Chamara, if this is what you mean..then I nearly don't get it myselft either. Was Jack heroic or just became crazy jealous and main focus was to get off the island and just came up with a plan to also get Kate and Sawyer out of there too. We should take a poll...Was Jack heroic or jealous?
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
23. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Aug 28 2009, 7:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2009, 7:55 PM EDT
"Thank you Beatrix for finding that out. I was thinking that when he said "A Tale Of Two Cities" it was because there were two islands."
Your welcome Marti, but read above. I just don't get Jack and the way his mind works.

Chamara94
24. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Aug 28 2009, 9:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2009, 9:24 PM EDT
"Your welcome Marti, but read above. I just don't get Jack and the way his mind works."
i think that jack has always in his heart wanted to get of the island but of course that changes in season 5, but jack agreed to make the surgery after he saw sawyer and kate together and i understand because if you see someone you love and then seing her kissing another ( or in his case something more ;D ) then you dont want to go to her and talk about it you just want to go away. so i think that jack did the operation on ben because he needed to get away ( in the sub ) but still, he coulden't just let the other's kill sawyer because, I dont think that jack is so cruel.

But jack is Heroic :) but sometimes just a ´dumbass
First_Marti
First_Marti
25. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Aug 29 2009, 6:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 29 2009, 6:12 PM EDT
"i think that jack has always in his heart wanted to get of the island but of course that changes in season 5, but jack agreed to make the surgery after he saw sawyer and kate together and i understand because if you see someone you love and then seing her kissing another ( or in his case something more ;D ) then you dont want to go to her and talk about it you just want to go away. so i think that jack did the operation on ben because he needed to get away ( in the sub ) but still, he coulden't just let the other's kill sawyer because, I dont think that jack is so cruel.

But jack is Heroic :) but sometimes just a ´dumbass"
Well, I kind of look at it this way. When Jack, Hurley and Kate showed up in #5, and Jack walked into Sawuer's and Juliet's cabin and asked what the plan was, Sawyer said that we were not going to do it Jack's way -- he said (Sawyer) that Jack always runs into any situation shooting and fighting, when he needed to stop and think about the situation and continue working as if they were part of The Dharma Center. So, Jack and Sayid went out on their own, convincing the 3 others to go alont with him and almost killing Sayid, by dropping the bomb and killing Juliet. For 3 years Sawyer and the rest of the group that were stranded and had them safe without fighting. And then -- to sit there and tell Sawyer that he had failed at the only thing he wanted, meaning Kate. Sawyer thinking said - "Kate? she is right over in the woods, just go get her!" Jack is a dumbass.
dakuzmon
dakuzmon
26. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Jan 28 2010, 4:07 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2010, 4:07 AM EST
ilike the idea's u all put out there but why have none of u considered that desmond has a HUGE roll in the islands plans??? the love of his lifes daddy was a island person...he spent 3 or so years on that island in a hatch that a nuke went off in a "few" years earlier. charlie will as well as hugo is brought his guitar to the island and desmond named his son charlie as well....somethin for u all to think about Do you find this valuable?    
dihoos
dihoos
27. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Jan 30 2010, 11:59 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2010, 11:59 AM EST
Hello fellow Losties!!!!!!!!

Long time no see. SO Back to the lecture at hand - Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis) I think that it goes to a different direction than Jacob being the actual biblical Jacob and Mr. X Being the actual biblical Esau. What do we know about the biblical Jacob & Esau? In the bible/torah when on his death bed blind Issac describes his son Jacob by stating he smelled like Eden or paradise, when he describes the smell of his son Esau he states he smelled like Gehenna or Hell. We also know Esua squandered his birthright to Jacob for a pot of stew.

As we know, some of the names in Lost are symbolic ***Example John Locke being given the name Jeremy Bentham after the philosopher that had apposing view of the philosopher John Locke.*** In the same spirit of symbolism these names might represent two other figures- one who squandered his blessings of being the best and most beutiful angel who ultimately lives in Gehenna and the other who is the genesis of creation, smells like Eden or paradise and in the form of Jesus is killed by human ignorance.

Jocob = God
Esau = Lucifer

In a struggle similar to that of the book of Job and in the gospels.

What do you guys think.

St4rf1sh
28. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Feb 10 2010, 7:19 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 7:19 AM EST
That jacob would be god and lucifer would be weird if we go by that they are brothers since God = lucifers father, then it would better be that Jacob is Michael and Mr X is Lucifer.. But thats not what i think will happen.

What i think is that the keyword "What lies in the shadow of the statue" and the anwser to that "He who will save us all" would not be refering to Jacob as theories say, since Jacob doesnt seem to think much of humans and stated himself "Everything before the end is just progress" while Mr X seemed much more concerned about what happens.

This brings me to the conclussion that the thing that "Lies behind the shadow of the statue" and the one who will save "us" all is Mr. X as he wants away from the Island and seem to be more caring then Jacob was.
dakuzmon
dakuzmon
29. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
Feb 10 2010, 8:04 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 8:04 AM EST
"You speak about Jacob - the person by this point in Lost can only be one person, and that is Esau. Their father was Isaac, who I believe is Richard. (Maybe not Richard, but I believe he is. Who else has not aged?)"
dogan never aged....he been ther since the 13th century....jacob never aged....

elaineewing
30. RE: Mr. X (Man in black - Jacob's nemesis)
May 23 2010, 11:25 AM EDT | Post edited: May 23 2010, 11:25 AM EDT
Smoke Monster Originale- The Man in Black - Titus Welliver will do a LIVE interview today on Kevin Pollaks Chat Show. Chat room and Twitter interaction encouraged. Tune in 4pm PDT LIVE- http://kevinpollakschatshow.com/ I'm Elaine- I will be live in studio and live in chat- join me! Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2