Discussion: Season 6: Smoke MonsterReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
eguy
eguy
Season 6: Smoke Monster
Jan 29 2010, 1:00 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2010, 1:00 PM EST
What are your remaining questions about the Smoke Monster? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Smoke Monster

Choppy527
1. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 20 2010, 11:44 AM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2010, 11:44 AM EDT
Jacob threw his brother into the creek and the brother floated into the Light Tunnel cave. Seconds later the Black Smoke Monster flew out of that cave and disappeared into the woods. Later Jacob found his brother washed up lying dead on the rocks. My question is: the Black Smoke Monster that flew out of that cave and disappeared into the woods, was that the brother-turned-Smoke Monster, or was it the original actual Smoke Monster that was living down in that Light Cave all the time? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
2. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 20 2010, 12:20 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2010, 12:20 PM EDT
It's Jacob's brother turned into the smoke monster. This is Jacob's mistake that he talks about at the fire when he is talking to the remaining candidates. This is also what Jacob's brother means when he keeps saying he was once human. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Choppy527
3. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 20 2010, 1:52 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
"It's Jacob's brother turned into the smoke monster. This is Jacob's mistake that he talks about at the fire when he is talking to the remaining candidates. This is also what Jacob's brother means when he keeps saying he was once human. "
Thanks for replying. However, if it was Jacob's brother turned into the smoke monster that was washed up lying dead on the rocks, then why was the brother a "dead" body (Jacob buried him in the cave next to the killer psycho mother, yes?)? How could the brother have died back then if he's alive now? Isn't it more logical that the original actual Smoke Monster was living down in that Light Cave all that time, and later shape-shifted into the brother's dead body? How about, the brother caused the Smoke Monster to be freed from the Light Cave because the brother's presence invaded the Light Cave? Thanks!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
4. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 20 2010, 5:46 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
I need rewatch the episode. But I'm still pretty sure that Jacob explained to the candidates that Smokey is still his brother despite not having a body. So I'm assuming when Jacob sent him down into the light, his brother was transformed into Smokey and thus didn't need the physical body anymore.

Do you find this valuable?    
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
5. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 20 2010, 5:48 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2010, 5:48 PM EDT
Also, have you guys seen any of the "Totally Lost" skits on youtube. Mike's little brother found them and shared them with me earlier today. They're hilarious as far as I'm concerned.

I'll post my favorite one. It's a skit of the actors for Jacob and MIB in counseling together. I was in fits laughing when I watched this one. The two actors play so well off of eachother. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJVSRqltKsU
Mike1177
Mike1177
6. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 20 2010, 9:17 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2010, 9:18 PM EDT
"I need rewatch the episode. But I'm still pretty sure that Jacob explained to the candidates that Smokey is still his brother despite not having a body. So I'm assuming when Jacob sent him down into the light, his brother was transformed into Smokey and thus didn't need the physical body anymore.

"
I'm with you on this one. I'm rewatching the episode...

I think this is the scene Stephany was talking about. The scene where Jacob is talking to all the candidates around the camp fire:

Jacob: "I don't really know where to start."

Hurley: "How about why you brought us to the island?"

Jacob: "I brought all of you here because I made a mistake, a mistake I made a very long time ago. And now because of that there is a very good chance that every single one of you and everyone you've ever cared about is going to die."

Sawyer: "What mistake?"

Jacob: "You call him the monster, and I'm responsible for what happened to him. I made him that way. And ever since then he's been trying to kill me. It was only a matter of time before he figured out how. And when he did, someone would have to replace me. And that is why I brought you all here."

I think this explains that Smokey and Jacob's brother are the same being.
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
7. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 21 2010, 3:07 AM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2010, 3:07 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I agree, I was thinking about this myself if smokey just took over the MIB's body. But, b/c of the way Jacob spoke about it, I believe the smoke monster is the MIB. Even though we saw the MIB's body that was dead, his body is just an empty shell and smokey took over his body and his spirit or mind.

Even though smokey has Locke's memories it could be from when smokey scanned him on the island before he died, he could of scanned his whole life and thoughts right up to when he died.

I was confused because Flocke told Ben what the real Locke was thinking right before Ben killed him. So either smokey has Locke's memories from scanning him or received his memores when he started using his body.

I also don't think that the MIB was evil until he was thrown in the light and became the smoke monster. I believe that there is a little of the MIB in the smoke monster b/c just like the MIB said "I want to leave this island and go home". But this smoke thing took over any of his goodness and made him evil.

Remember when Danielle's science team went down the hole to help Montand who was pulled down the hole by smokey and his arm came flying back up. This is when they all became evil b/c the smoke monster infected them. Danielle didn't go down that hole thanks to Jin :) Those people seemed way more evil than zombie Sayid and Claire. And Sayid came back from the dark side and I believe Claire is also coming back from the dark side too.

Oh, he killing our people and he threw Richard across Darmaville like a rag doll and he's aggravated me. I hope Richard's okay. The smoke monster needs to be destroyed.

Chamara94
8. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 21 2010, 3:37 AM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2010, 3:37 AM EDT
" The smoke monster needs to be destroyed.
"
indeed.. and richard is the last characther who was my favorite after sayid and boone :/ so don't be dead!!!!!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
9. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 21 2010, 3:50 AM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2010, 3:50 AM EDT
"indeed.. and richard is the last characther who was my favorite after sayid and boone :/ so don't be dead!!!!!"
I don't think he is. He just got thrown very far. We have seen a lot of the characters live through much worse and still live.

Choppy527
10. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
May 21 2010, 8:49 AM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
"Thanks for replying. However, if it was Jacob's brother turned into the smoke monster that was washed up lying dead on the rocks, then why was the brother a "dead" body (Jacob buried him in the cave next to the killer psycho mother, yes?)? How could the brother have died back then if he's alive now? Isn't it more logical that the original actual Smoke Monster was living down in that Light Cave all that time, and later shape-shifted into the brother's dead body? How about, the brother caused the Smoke Monster to be freed from the Light Cave because the brother's presence invaded the Light Cave? Thanks!"
Thanks to all of you for replying. However, I already know that MIB is Smokey is Flocke. Again, my question is: the Black Smoke Monster that flew out of the Light Cave and disappeared into the forrest, was that MIB-turned-into-Smoke Monster, or was it the original actual Smoke Monster that was living down in that Light Cave all that time? Or as my friend says, that's one mystery we probably will never know, and the Lost writers and producers will just leave us hanging forever without an explanation! Thanks in advance.
mari713
mari713
11. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
Aug 8 2010, 3:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 8 2010, 3:38 PM EDT
I think that the smoke monster represents the evil of the island and it was there before jacob even was born but when jacob threw his brother in the lighted hole, the black smoke now finally has a body to posess and the smoke can now terrorize the island just as jacobs brother wanted to the same thing happend when locke died and he became the smoke and the cycle begins again 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Choppy527
12. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
Aug 9 2010, 5:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
"I think that the smoke monster represents the evil of the island and it was there before jacob even was born but when jacob threw his brother in the lighted hole, the black smoke now finally has a body to posess and the smoke can now terrorize the island just as jacobs brother wanted to the same thing happend when locke died and he became the smoke and the cycle begins again "
Thank you very much, Mari! I find your explanation more valuable and logical!
theoptimist
theoptimist
13. RE: Season 6: Smoke Monster
Dec 26 2011, 3:06 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2011, 3:06 AM EST
Beatrix25
Here is my confusion;
Smokey was brother to Jacob, had a human body, turned into smokey, body dead, body is now in cave, smokey seems NEVER to appear as brother of Jacob again.

Smokey takes over Locke, Locke is dead, YET, we see Lockes body, I am wondering how that can be??

I was thinking Smokey was the rat Ben, but looks like I am wrong there.

Smokey must have scanned Locke and realized he was going to take over his body at some point, I just am confused as the only reason to show Lockes DEAD body seems to be to make folks wonder who the hell is with Ben in the Cave

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)