Discussion: Schrödinger's catReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post
#1LostFan
#1LostFan
Schrödinger's cat
Feb 3 2010, 2:02 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2010, 2:02 PM EST
My thoughts on the season premeire was how this parallels the Schrödinger's cat experiment. As I was talking with a few of my friends, they too brought up the same experiment. For those that are not familar with the experiment, here is a brief overview:

A cat is placed in a box which also has a container filled with poison. The box is closed, so you cannot see what is happening inside. It is not known if the poison container is broken. If it brakes, the cat dies, but if it doesn't, the cat lives. Because you cannot see what is inside and do not know the outcome, the cat is both dead and alive at the same time. When the box is open, only one result can occur in this reailty, but in another reality the opposite outcome happens.

This is very similar to Flight 815. It both crashes and lands safely at the same time. But only one outcome happens in each reality.
Do you find this valuable?    

Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)