Discussion: Did Jacob...?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 20  |  Show  posts at a time
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 3:47 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 3:47 PM EST
I don't think he liked Ben as the leader of his people, and so he ignored him, anyone else get this feeling? I don't know, I just don't think he liked him very much... Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Character Jacob The Others
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
1. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 4:31 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 4:31 PM EST
"I don't think he liked Ben as the leader of his people, and so he ignored him, anyone else get this feeling? I don't know, I just don't think he liked him very much..."
I don't know about this. If he didn't like Ben being leader couldn't he have had his leadership ended at some point in communications with Richard? This makes me wonder how much power Jacob actually has. I do however think he was dissapointed in Ben.
Do you find this valuable?    
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
2. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 4:45 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 4:45 PM EST
"I don't know about this. If he didn't like Ben being leader couldn't he have had his leadership ended at some point in communications with Richard? This makes me wonder how much power Jacob actually has. I do however think he was dissapointed in Ben."
I don't really think Jacob has as much power as everyone's making him out to, I actually think the smoke monster is, and always has been, more in control of the island then he.
It's just a theory, but, might be true.
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
3. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 4:54 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 4:54 PM EST
"I don't really think Jacob has as much power as everyone's making him out to, I actually think the smoke monster is, and always has been, more in control of the island then he.
It's just a theory, but, might be true."
I'm actually sort of starting thinking that also. That or Jacob may have that sort of power, but may not choose to use it. The differece between he and MIB.

But regarding leadership of the Others... wasn't that usually in communications between Richard and Jacob. Isn't that how Ben got it to where Widmore was exiled off island and then later took over leadership? Wasn't Ben talking about how Jacob wouldn't have wanted them, the Others to kill a mother and child, when Widmore had sent Ben to kill Rouseau?
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
4. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 5:14 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 5:14 PM EST
Okay, first off, I know what you're talking about when you say MIB but I don't know what that stands for???

And I'm really confused about that, because, maybe Jacob told RIchard to tell Widmore to tell Ben to kill Rouseau and Alex, but then Ben didn't (because we all know he's just a big softie on the inside) and maybe that's why Jacob never really liked Ben, because he disobeyed him in a way?
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
5. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 5:23 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 5:23 PM EST
"Okay, first off, I know what you're talking about when you say MIB but I don't know what that stands for???

And I'm really confused about that, because, maybe Jacob told RIchard to tell Widmore to tell Ben to kill Rouseau and Alex, but then Ben didn't (because we all know he's just a big softie on the inside) and maybe that's why Jacob never really liked Ben, because he disobeyed him in a way?"
I think it stands for Man in Black, since he was wearing black in the season finale and Jacob was wearing white. There is a lot of "black and white" themes in the series.

I'm actually pretty confused with that transaction. I said it the best I could understand it. But I know I could be wrong. They weren't really clear in what exactly happened. Not to me atleast lol.
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
6. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 5:28 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 5:28 PM EST
Ahhhh, that makes sense, cuz a lot of people do refer to him as the man in black, though now he's taken the form of Locke, which really creeps me out...

Yeah, it's all very confusing, I wonder if this season will end with all the mysteries revealed? Or just drop, with nothing revealed, leaving us only with guesses?
I think it's gonna be choice number two, it seems most likely, lol
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
7. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 5:32 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 5:32 PM EST
"Ahhhh, that makes sense, cuz a lot of people do refer to him as the man in black, though now he's taken the form of Locke, which really creeps me out...

Yeah, it's all very confusing, I wonder if this season will end with all the mysteries revealed? Or just drop, with nothing revealed, leaving us only with guesses?
I think it's gonna be choice number two, it seems most likely, lol"
I'm still sad that Locke on island is dead lol...

I think may of the mysteries will be revealed. But I think a lot will be left to our imagination as well. The show has a lot of fans, there's no way they're going to please all of us.
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
8. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 7 2010, 7:49 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 7:51 PM EST
Yep, we were calling the Man in black the MIB, it was easier.

As for Widmore getting banned from the island it was because he left the island regularly and broke the rules when he had a daughter with an outsider in the real world.

As for Alex, Widmore thought she should of been killed and Ben stopped it by saying something like "Do you really think this is what Jacob wants." Then he said to Widmore something like, "You do it." meaning kill Alex. So Ben saved Rousseau's life because he was suppose to kill her and he saved Alex's life as a baby too.

So yea, Ben is a softy, more than Widmore atleast. But I wish he didn't have to seperate Rousseau from Alex because that tormented Rousseau and she didn't deserve that. First of all Rousseau wasn't crazy when she arrived on the island, but after 16 years alone, she kinda lost it, but I never thought she was crazy, just lonely.

It was the smoke monster/MIB who killed Rousseau's science team by making them evil, Jin saved Rousseau from the smoke monster. So to me it shows that the MIB wanted Rousseau dead, not Jacob.
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
9. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 8 2010, 6:29 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2010, 6:29 AM EST
Yeah, Locke was in my top ten favorite (though no one can replace Charlie...) and when they showed his dead body in the crate on the island, I almost cried...

And I'm so happy that they finally revealed what the four toed foot was for, that was bugging me for a long time, lol

And I think you may be right Beatrix, that the smoke monster wanted her dead and not Jacob...
Mike1177
Mike1177
10. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 8 2010, 8:53 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2010, 8:53 AM EST
Speaking of Rousseau... I wonder if she'll be elaborated on in the alternate reality. I wonder if they'll show us how things may have changed for her and her team. Do you find this valuable?    
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
11. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 8 2010, 11:34 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2010, 11:34 AM EST
"Speaking of Rousseau... I wonder if she'll be elaborated on in the alternate reality. I wonder if they'll show us how things may have changed for her and her team."
Would anything of really changed for her team? I don't think that it would...
InfinitePhoenix
InfinitePhoenix
12. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 8 2010, 12:44 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2010, 12:44 PM EST
It's not about power or control when it comes to Jacob or The Smoke Monster. Both of them have extraordinary, out of this world abilities and are beyond the lower insecurities associated with the ego. They are simply 2 sides of the same Yin and Yang coin. One CANNOT exist without the other, as both of them are responsible for balancing the island.

Although The Smoke Monster appears to be responsible for conducting "dark tasks", I don't think that it is good or evil. The same is true about Jacob. They both co-exist together in order to implement "the greater good" from a macro perspective.
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
13. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 8 2010, 3:03 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2010, 3:03 PM EST
Well, obviously no one told the Smoke Monster that they cannot exist without the other, cuz he went and killed Jacob! Do you find this valuable?    
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
14. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 8 2010, 5:29 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2010, 5:29 PM EST
"Well, obviously no one told the Smoke Monster that they cannot exist without the other, cuz he went and killed Jacob!"
Ah but that was the loophole to the statements InfinitePhoenix made. Smokey didn't kill Jacob. Because Smokey/MIB couldn't kill Jacob. MIB had to find a loophole. Locke and Ben were his loophole.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
milkeman
milkeman
15. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 8 2010, 11:28 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2010, 11:28 PM EST
"Ah but that was the loophole to the statements InfinitePhoenix made. Smokey didn't kill Jacob. Because Smokey/MIB couldn't kill Jacob. MIB had to find a loophole. Locke and Ben were his loophole. "
the same might be true for ben and widmore. i was thinking this is because they might be eachother's constants, but who knows.
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
16. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 9 2010, 2:29 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 2:29 PM EST
"the same might be true for ben and widmore. i was thinking this is because they might be eachother's constants, but who knows."
I thought so too. Good to see you here Mike! I think we debated this a bit last year. But it seems at this point they dropped this story.
dakuzmon
dakuzmon
17. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 11 2010, 6:51 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2010, 6:51 AM EST
"Ahhhh, that makes sense, cuz a lot of people do refer to him as the man in black, though now he's taken the form of Locke, which really creeps me out...

I think it's gonna be choice number two, it seems most likely, lol"
ABC would be burnt to the ground if that happens and lose millions of viewers....this option u mentioned isn't EVER gonna happen
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
18. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 11 2010, 9:13 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2010, 9:13 AM EST
Ya never know, anything's possible...
But, I would be there to burn it to the ground though.
lol
milkeman
milkeman
19. RE: Did Jacob...?
Feb 12 2010, 9:14 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2010, 9:14 PM EST
"I thought so too. Good to see you here Mike! I think we debated this a bit last year. But it seems at this point they dropped this story."
good to see you're here too stephany. i have a feeling they only drop this part pf the story because it's better to surprise us a little later. the secret might be way too revealing.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)