Discussion: Series FinaleReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 26  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
BenGman
BenGman
Series Finale
May 24 2010, 12:31 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 12:31 PM EDT
Wow! I thought that ending was great! What did the rest of you think? I can't believe the series is over... it's been great watching LOST for the last 6 years, and it's be great discussing it with all of you. If you're leaving this site now, then goodbye & thanks for sharing your theories here! :) If you're sticking around a little longer to discuss the finale, then I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: ABC Lost
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
1. RE: Series Finale
May 24 2010, 12:42 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
I, myself, am not leaving... don't ask why... MUHAHAHAHA!!!
Anyway, I thought the finale was pretty darn awesome as well, xD
Do you find this valuable?    
FutureLost
FutureLost
2. RE: Series Finale
May 24 2010, 1:27 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 1:27 PM EDT
I hated it. Awful.

While watching season 6, I my theory was that heaven/death played a part, but I thought the island would somehow be heaven, not the parallel universe.

But they didn't answer questions I wanted to see answered!!!!! Here were the ones I thought of: http://www.losttvfans.com/thread/3955886/Horrible+ending...

And I wanted to see Claire meet with Aaron again! And I wanted to see what ever happened to Mikhail!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

sandyo614
3. RE: Series Finale
May 24 2010, 4:36 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
I really enjoyed the whole experience. One question. What do you think it meant that Benjamin did not go into the church with the others? Do you find this valuable?    
Mike1177
Mike1177
4. RE: Series Finale
May 24 2010, 7:19 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 7:19 PM EDT
"I really enjoyed the whole experience. One question. What do you think it meant that Benjamin did not go into the church with the others?"
He was not ready to move on. I think he felt he had more to deal with regarding Alex and Danielle. I actually really liked that scene between he and Hurley.

I didn't hate the finale per se. But I do feel unfulfilled admittedly. They did really well with the actual characters, but I still feel like I want more answers regarding the island. I feel like the writers are just telling us to focus on the characters and forgot all the mythos they established in the last seasons. And I don't like that...
milkeman
milkeman
5. RE: Series Finale
May 24 2010, 10:11 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 10:11 PM EDT
"I really enjoyed the whole experience. One question. What do you think it meant that Benjamin did not go into the church with the others?"
he felt the need to spend more time with alex and rousseau. also he wanted them to wake up and let go.
milkeman
milkeman
6. RE: Series Finale
May 24 2010, 10:16 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 10:16 PM EDT
"He was not ready to move on. I think he felt he had more to deal with regarding Alex and Danielle. I actually really liked that scene between he and Hurley.

I didn't hate the finale per se. But I do feel unfulfilled admittedly. They did really well with the actual characters, but I still feel like I want more answers regarding the island. I feel like the writers are just telling us to focus on the characters and forgot all the mythos they established in the last seasons. And I don't like that..."
yep. they didn't answer a ton of questions, but that was ok with me in the end. the dvd's will have an extra 30 minutes or so added and they said it will have more answers. i know it's a cheap, sneaky way to sell dvds and blurays, but it works. i think people will come up with their own answers and write fanfiction to fill any gaps. i think a comic is supposed to come out. at least that's what i heard.
Ms_Shadeslayer
Ms_Shadeslayer
7. RE: Series Finale
May 25 2010, 7:57 AM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
"yep. they didn't answer a ton of questions, but that was ok with me in the end. the dvd's will have an extra 30 minutes or so added and they said it will have more answers. i know it's a cheap, sneaky way to sell dvds and blurays, but it works. i think people will come up with their own answers and write fanfiction to fill any gaps. i think a comic is supposed to come out. at least that's what i heard."
Oh, my freaking Guyliner! A comic?!?!?
That would be hacking sweet.

Anyway, I'm sort of a writer, and I've been working on some fanfiction on where the Others came from... plus I'm writing a children's story about LOST, lol, be sure to watch for those, they'll be on the New York Bets Seller's LIst :P
Clancey
Clancey
8. RE: Series Finale
May 25 2010, 10:21 AM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 10:21 AM EDT
"Wow! I thought that ending was great! What did the rest of you think? I can't believe the series is over... it's been great watching LOST for the last 6 years, and it's be great discussing it with all of you. If you're leaving this site now, then goodbye & thanks for sharing your theories here! :) If you're sticking around a little longer to discuss the finale, then I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it."
I'm not leaving...gonna watch again and post somemore,,,,: )
PaulettePostMiller
PaulettePostMiller
9. RE: Series Finale
May 28 2010, 12:18 AM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2010, 12:18 AM EDT
I cried! Some of the words they all said were so beautifully said! I am very sontent with the ending. Sure there are questions unanswered but isn't that what keeps us talking and asking? Somethings had to be left to our imaginations! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
milkeman
milkeman
10. RE: Series Finale
Jun 1 2010, 3:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 1 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
"I cried! Some of the words they all said were so beautifully said! I am very sontent with the ending. Sure there are questions unanswered but isn't that what keeps us talking and asking? Somethings had to be left to our imaginations!"
agreed. i think it's only natural for the show to have focused on the characters in the finale and not focus on answering everything. besides i think abc will use this as an opportunity to get more money out of fans by selling dvds with extra scenes and graphic novels and who knows what else. it's cool. lost will live on a little longer.

thefortuner
11. RE: Series Finale
Jun 22 2010, 7:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 22 2010, 7:38 PM EDT
Sayid actually looked happy in hevean, hell or where ever they could be said to be at the end. I was surprised that he was content with being with Shanon once again since in his Flashbacks and on the Island he was never over the loss of Nadia.

Being with Shanon for such a long time but still feeling strong emotional feelings makes no sense for me since he never really got over the loss of his old girlfriend Nadia.

Did the producers just leave this bit out? I do hope that threads of love and time travel are covered again in the dvd extra.
Clancey
Clancey
12. RE: Series Finale
Jul 1 2010, 5:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2010, 5:56 AM EDT
"Wow! I thought that ending was great! What did the rest of you think? I can't believe the series is over... it's been great watching LOST for the last 6 years, and it's be great discussing it with all of you. If you're leaving this site now, then goodbye & thanks for sharing your theories here! :) If you're sticking around a little longer to discuss the finale, then I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it."
hmmmm...I wanted them to all go back to the island and BE happy and use the island for good...help heal the sick...and so on....
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
13. RE: Series Finale
Jul 1 2010, 8:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2010, 8:51 PM EDT
"Sayid actually looked happy in hevean, hell or where ever they could be said to be at the end. I was surprised that he was content with being with Shanon once again since in his Flashbacks and on the Island he was never over the loss of Nadia.

Being with Shanon for such a long time but still feeling strong emotional feelings makes no sense for me since he never really got over the loss of his old girlfriend Nadia.

Did the producers just leave this bit out? I do hope that threads of love and time travel are covered again in the dvd extra."
Yep, this made no sense to me either.

Sayid's whole storyline revolved around Nadia and his love for her. Actually Nadia wasn't Sayids's girlfriend, she was his wife.

I really don't know why just touching Shannon in the FSW would wake him up, it should of been Nadia. Nadia should of been in the church with him, not Shannon.

Beatrix25
Beatrix25
14. RE: Series Finale
Jul 1 2010, 9:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2010, 9:01 PM EDT
"hmmmm...I wanted them to all go back to the island and BE happy and use the island for good...help heal the sick...and so on...."
Yea, with how far they come from the beginning of the series. That would of been cool to have them all back on the island.

I think they would of done a better job than Jacob, but I'm sure Hurley and Ben did a great job running the island when they stayed behind.

kathleen_LOST
kathleen_LOST
15. RE: Series Finale
Jul 26 2010, 10:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 26 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
I think it meant that he still had some personal issues to work through and was not ready to let go just yet. Especially, mending relationships with his daughter and possibly father.

searcher108
16. RE: Series Finale
Aug 1 2010, 2:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 1 2010, 2:25 AM EDT
Hi BenGman & all you Lost fans.
Yes I miss the series Lost and I did enjoy the finale.Now I might be reading something into this,but the way the finale ended ( Ithink there might be a season 7)somewhere down the road.
The reason I surmise this is because,when Hurley told Ben that everyone was inside to come in,Ben said he had some unfinished business to take care of,that he wasn`t ready to go yet.
And there were alot of characters that were left behind.Eko,Ana Lucia and many more.But what I found strange is that Penny was in the church,When did she die.
I hope I am right about season 7,I would love to see the characters in the church come back to show the other characters how to move on,probably not,but I can wish.
Joyce Creamer
A great :LOST" fan.
PaulettePostMiller
PaulettePostMiller
17. RE: Series Finale
Aug 2 2010, 9:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 2 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
"Sayid actually looked happy in hevean, hell or where ever they could be said to be at the end. I was surprised that he was content with being with Shanon once again since in his Flashbacks and on the Island he was never over the loss of Nadia.

Did the producers just leave this bit out? I do hope that threads of love and time travel are covered again in the dvd extra."
The thing about Nadia is that she was dead before the second flight to the island took place, yet she was still alive in the flash sideways. While Shannon was dead on the island while awaiting resolution as seen in the same circumstance with Sawyer and what's her name. I don't know if that made sense ..anyhoo. There is something about dying on the island that was different.
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
18. RE: Series Finale
Aug 8 2010, 6:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 8 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
"The thing about Nadia is that she was dead before the second flight to the island took place, yet she was still alive in the flash sideways. While Shannon was dead on the island while awaiting resolution as seen in the same circumstance with Sawyer and what's her name. I don't know if that made sense ..anyhoo. There is something about dying on the island that was different."
They were all dead in the flashsideways. They were all having their own little realities in the flashsideways because they could not move on, as if they didn't realize they were dead, therefore they didn't know that they were supposed to move on to some form of afterlife. LOST never specifies what kind of afterlife.

I don't think it's any different to have died on or off island. Penny was in the church. She was never on the island. She was only connected through the island through association of being Widmore's daughter and Desmond's girlfriend and later wife.
PaulettePostMiller
PaulettePostMiller
19. RE: Series Finale
Aug 9 2010, 7:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2010, 7:14 AM EDT
Benjamin killed Penny. That is why Desmond came after him. Benjamin killed Penny because Widmore killed Benjamin's Daughter...Not his real daughter but the one he stole on the island. Now there is a question I can't answer in my mind...why did Ben take Alex? Another is why did Widmore get kicked off of the island? Another is: The woman who raised The man in Black, wasn't she in the temple in the last episodes? Do you find this valuable?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)